I’ve been playing Doom Eternal lately and while the game looks gorgeous and runs well even in 4K, one thing that keeps bothering me is the ammo situation.
Hugo Martin and the folks at id software have decided to add some artificial difficulty to the game by slashing the ammo counts to something like half compared to the previous game. Instead of shooting demons in the face, half of the game is now devoted to running around the map to find a fodder enemy to chainsaw and replenish ammo.
Luckily someone on YouTube made a video about a tool called Cheat Engine which can be used to enable certain console commands not normally available in the game to change the amount of ammo you can carry.
Here are the steps you need to do to change the ammo values back to what they were in Doom 2016:
- Download latest version of Cheat Engine.
- Install the program.
- Download cheat table from this forum thread
- Open cheat engine and click “select process to open” and select the game process. Please note that your game must be running in order for this to work.
- Click “open cheat table or unprotected cetrainer”
- From the bottom of the window select the latest version of the game and under that click “Unrestrict Console Commands/CVars & Bind”
- Switch back to the game and press tilde
- Write commands